Monday 4 March 2013

Algae pasta with fava beans

































Spring energy begins to manifest at this time. Proof of that is the appearance of some products in the market. I am referring specifically to fava beans, which although still small, already challenge our will to enjoy them.
   This Saturday, while doing my weekly shooping routine, I found fava beans for sale and I could not resist! - I immediately thought that I could prepare a delicious dish, combining fava beans with spaghetti algae.
   For many years, fava beans, were not part of my list of preferences. Perhaps because, as my mother says, I'd eaten many while I was in her belly ...
   However, a few years ago I felt the urge to try fresh fava beans and I loved them!
Since then, they started to be part of my diet again.
  Spaghetti algae with fava beans is a simple and quick dish to cook. Algae are one of the most complete foods and they help to detoxify the body. What a good start for Spring, the most suitable time of the year time for detoxifying the body.
   This spaghetti produced on the mountain, with spring water and at low temperature goes very well with fava beans, mushrooms and oatmeal cream. Yummy, super fast and tasty.
































Ingredients:
Algae pasta
200gr fava beans
150 mushrooms
1pc oatmeal cream
2 tbsp olive oil
salt to taste
































Steam the fava beans until tender, then remove the skin. Reserve.
Cook the pasta in salted water (it takes 8 to 10 min.).
While the pasta cooks, clean the mushrooms, cut them into slices and sauté in olive oil.
Drain the pasta and add the mushrooms. Combine well and add the cream.
Check if the seasoning is good.
Place on a plate and garnish with the fava beans.

Bon appétit!

© veggie delicious food, March 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment