Monday 4 February 2013

Tofu curry and lentil soup


  Learning to deal with what I'm not expecting is a great challenge for me. Planning the details of anything I do is, sometimes, almost an obsession and the passion for cooking has taught me that the unexpected moves the inspiration and awakens new experiences!
My election day is Sunday, and whenever I can, I try some ingredients that I have at home, in search of new flavours to get a different dish. It takes me hours that seem just a few minutes. In the end, I look forward to the reaction of the most demanding critics: my daughter and my husband!

This Sunday, I was inspired by the flavours of India. I cooked a tofu curry with a mild taste, ideal for seducing some skeptics of the intense flavours of the east.
To go with the curry I prepared some vegetables with a crispy texture and of course, basmati, the indian rice, could not be forgotten.

You can also try a delicious lentil soup to warm the soul, especially in these winter days.

Bon appétit!

Ingredients for the tofu curry:

250 g tofu
1 bottle coconut milk
3 tbsp olive oil
1 big onion
2 tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp tomato puré
1 tsp vinegar
coriander
salt to taste






























Ingredients for the vegetables:

1 big carrot
1 eggplant medium size
1 tbsp cummin seeds
salt to taste























Begin by preparing the rice according to the directions on “Tempeh with mustard sauce and eggplant” recipe.
Wash and slice the eggplants into cubes. Sprinkle with salt and allow them to rest for 20 minutes.
Wash and cut the carrots into cubes and steam until slightly tender.

Begin to prepare the tofu:

Cut the onion into slices and sauté in the olive oil. Add the tofu cut into squares, sprinkle with salt and let it cook until light brown on low flame for 3 minutes.
Combine the curry powder, the vinegar and the tomato purée and add to the tofu.
Add the coconut milk and let it cook on medium flame for five minutes.
Season with salt.


Meanwhile, heat a pan. Wash the eggplant and place it in the pan. Sprinkle with cumin and let it cook, stirring frequently. When they are soft, add the carrots, combine well and season with a little salt if necessary.
The curry shouls be on point. Add the chopped coriander , let it stand for 1 or 2 minutes and serve.

Enjoy it!


















































Lentil soup

200 gr pumpkin
2 big carrots
1 medium onion
2 sweet potatos
150 gr lentils
coriander
1 tbsp olive oil
salt

















For the soup:

Wash and cut the vegetables. Set the lentils and the coriander apart.
Put a pan with water in the oven. Add the vegetables and let it boil. Season with salt and let it boil again.
Add the lentils and let it cook until all is soft. Add the olive oil and the coriander. Let it boil again and cook for 3 minute more and then blend it.


































Enjoy it!

© veggie delicious food, January 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment